Genetic genealogy videos
From ISOGG Wiki
There are a number of genetic genealogy videos available online. It is hoped that this page will provide a comprehensive list of resources.
- 1 Genetic genealogy videos
- 2 Family Tree DNA
- 3 23andMe
- 4 AncestryDNA
- 5 Learn Genetics
- 6 TV programmes
- 7 Genographic Project and National Geographic
- 8 Research projects
- 9 Interviews
- 10 Deep ancestry and evolutionary genetics
- 11 YouTube channels
- 12 DVDs
- 13 Other multimedia resources
- 14 See also
Genetic genealogy videos
- Henry Louis Gates's Finding Your Roots
- Dirk Schweitzer's TEDx presentation on Genetic Genealogy. The slides of Dirk's presentation can be found here (11.3 MB .pdf). It is recommended that you look at the slides while listening to the video.
- Adopted man identifies birth father thru Family Tree DNA test by Richard Hill
- A collection of genetic genealogy videos compiled by ISOGG member Maurice Gleeson
- DNA at the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree. June 2008
- Institute for Genetic Genealogy. The videos of the lectures from the first Institute for Genetic Genealogy held in 2014 are available for purchase either singly or for a flat fee for access to all 27 videos.
Family Tree DNA
- 23andMe Medical Innovations Briefing A lecture by Anne Wojcicki of 23andMe. She discusses research into human genomes, the history of 23andMe, how it works, how it has helped patients, and plans for the future. The lecture was filmed at a breakfast briefing at The Royal Society of Medicine in London on 7th May 2013.
- AncestryDNA videos from Ancestry.com
- DNA 101 (for beginners) from the Ancestry Academy
- Ancestry Academy course on DNA Circles
- Behind the scenes: the science behind AncestryDNA results (Ancestry Academy course)
- A selection of animations on chromosomes and inheritance. These videos were originally hosted on the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation website.
- Writen in bone: William White's family tree. History Channel.
- Horizon: Stone Age Columbus. BBC, 2002. Programme description available here. Includes mtDNA haplogroups A, B, C, D and X.
Genographic Project and National Geographic
- The Journey of Man Part 1 by Dr Spencer Wells
- National Geographic Live! - Spencer Wells: The Human Journey 2012
- The Quest for the Phoenicians. National Geographic
- Henry Louis Gates Jr. The Colbert Report, February 2010
- New York Governor David Paterson.. NYNOW, February 2008.
- Dr. Pierre Zalloua addressing Phoenician DNA. LBC (In Aramaic)
Deep ancestry and evolutionary genetics
- The Origins of Modern Human Behaviour by Professor Mark Thomas, a presentation given at the Shuffle Festival, Mile End, London, in December 2013.
- Genetic Genealogy Ireland
- WDYTYA Live DNA Lectures
- 23andMe's YouTube channel
- Family Tree DNA's YouTube channel
- Spencer Wells: The Genetic Impact of Empire (3 parts). LBC, 2007.
- Useful Genetics
- Face of Britain Presented by Neil Oliver. 2008.
- The Incredible Human Journey Presented by Alice Roberts. 2009.
- Blood of the Irish. Presented by Diarmuid Gavin. 2009.
- The Gene Code Presented by Adam Rutherford. 2011
Other multimedia resources
- DNA & Your Genealogy A podcast from Family Tree Magazine (US) hosted by Lisa Louise Cooke. Lisa interviews Diane Haddad, CeCe Moore, Bennett Greenspan and Blaine Bettinger.
- What can you learn from a DNA test? A podcast of a talk presented by Chris Pomery at The National Archives (UK) in April 2009.
- Adoptees using DNA to find family. Diane Rehm Show, NPR, 26 January 2012.
- In our own image: evolving humanity Human cultural evolution versus genetic evolution - a two part series on BBC Radio 4 introduced by Adam Rutherford.
- Blogtalkradio from Steve StClair