Dear ISOGG Wiki editor!
We thought you might like to know about some of the major changes that have been made to the ISOGG Wiki in the last few weeks in order to make the site easier to navigate.
- A major redesign of the Wiki home page
- A new Contents Page which lists all the articles in the Wiki arranged in thematic "chapters"
- A new Index which provides an auto-generated alphabetical listing of all the articles in the Wiki
- A new Abbreviations page. Note that these abbreviations also serve as shortcuts for ease of navigation (for example, if you type in "SNP" in the search box you will automatically be redirected to the article for single-nucleotide polymorphism)
- New thematic Portals are in the process of being implemented. These will allow us to group articles and content together by subject matter. The key portals are now linked from the welcome box at the top of the home page
- The Sidebar (the menu on the left of your screen) has been revamped and now also includes a Quick Links section for easy access to key Wiki pages such as the Contents Page, Index and Glossary
- A Help Portal is being developed to serve as a home for all the links to the help pages.
We hope you like the improvements!
Work continues to develop the Wiki and planning is now being co-ordinated on the ISOGG Wiki Roadmap. Please feel free to add your ideas, contribute to existing articles or create new ones.
Further suggestions are always welcome. Please add your suggestions to the Roadmap or contact the Wiki admins.
- ---- your WikiAdmins
Vector skin CSS
I thought I would kill 'two birds' with one stone by posting on your talk page. You should get an email notification from the wiki. Let's see if that is working.
To lock the the sidebar, have one window open in Chrome or IE(whatever browser) and go to User:DebbieKennett/vector.css. While holding down the CTRL key, tap and hold the R key for a second. The page should reload and the sidebar should be locked. Chrome is notorious for hold CSS and bits of web pages in the user's cache so it can generate speedy browsing. TomHutchison (talk) 13:27, 14 January 2013 (EST)
- I received the notification e-mail that my user page had been changed. I'm using Google Chrome. I've tried following the instructions but I can't see anything locking. Some extra items seem to have appeared in the toolbox menu that I couldn't see before such "E-mail this user". I'm happy with the sidebar#s dropdown menu which I can change as and when I want. DebbieKennett (talk) 13:36, 14 January 2013 (EST)
Null Value page
The article on Null value has a broken link on referring to the following line.
The ISOGG project administrators' mailing list maintains a database of null markers which can be found here.
Any idea where this page is now located? I am looking for DYS460=0 and other null information.
Curious. Jrcrin001 (talk) 14:08, 18 May 2015 (MDT) aka John R. Carpenter - [email protected] - email.
- John, I hope it's now sorted. DebbieKennett (talk) 14:32, 18 May 2015 (MDT)
Ethnic Origins atDNA Chart
Is this page still relevant or can we redirect it? Ethnic Origins autosomal DNA testing chart
I think the Autosomal DNA testing comparison chart covers the information on this page and we show probably redirect. I also removed the extension for #get and now it is broken too.
TomHutchison (talk) 16:10, 30 January 2017 (EST)
- Tom, That page is now deprecated. Tim Janzen is in the process of updating the autosomal DNA testing comparison chart and was thinking of splitting into two charts - one for companies that have matching databases and a separate chart to cover tests that only focus on admixture. DebbieKennett (talk) 16:46, 30 January 2017 (EST)
- Thanks Debbie. I removed the autodate function since it was broken. I might have time to update it to a standard wiki table and from that point it should be easier to update the page if Tim is going to use it in the split. TomHutchison (talk) 20:50, 30 January 2017 (EST)