Dear ISOGG Wiki editor!
We thought you might like to know about some of the major changes that have been made to the ISOGG Wiki in the last few weeks in order to make the site easier to navigate.
- A major redesign of the Wiki home page
- A new Contents Page which lists all the articles in the Wiki arranged in thematic "chapters"
- A new Index which provides an auto-generated alphabetical listing of all the articles in the Wiki
- A new Abbreviations page. Note that these abbreviations also serve as shortcuts for ease of navigation (for example, if you type in "SNP" in the search box you will automatically be redirected to the article for single-nucleotide polymorphism)
- New thematic Portals are in the process of being implemented. These will allow us to group articles and content together by subject matter. The key portals are now linked from the welcome box at the top of the home page
- The Sidebar (the menu on the left of your screen) has been revamped and now also includes a Quick Links section for easy access to key Wiki pages such as the Contents Page, Index and Glossary
- A Help Portal is being developed to serve as a home for all the links to the help pages.
We hope you like the improvements!
Work continues to develop the Wiki and planning is now being co-ordinated on the ISOGG Wiki Roadmap. Please feel free to add your ideas, contribute to existing articles or create new ones.
Further suggestions are always welcome. Please add your suggestions to the Roadmap or contact the Wiki admins.
- ---- your WikiAdmins
Please post any and all questions to my talk page in regards to this wiki and the bots running automated task. Don't forget to sign your question with a ~~~~ at the end of your text, which will add your username. Thanks! TomHutchison 12:38, 2 September 2010 (EDT)
This is a test message to check that the e-mail notification system is working. DebbieKennett (talk) 15:34, 15 January 2013 (EST)
Tom, I got a new message showing on the Wiki about the bot post. For some reason I received an e-mail notification about the change to your talk page but I've not yet received one about the change to my talk page! DebbieKennett (talk) 13:31, 23 January 2013 (EST)
- Hmm, I'm trying to work it all out. Have to run out for a bit. TomHutchison (talk) 13:34, 23 January 2013 (EST)
New mtDNA chart
Tom, You'll find the new mtDNA chart at User:DebbieKennett/Sandbox. I was having problems with the e-mail addresses as the columns wouldn't resize and I couldn't find a way to reduce the font size so I've taken these out. You'll see that I've placed the mark-up for the e-mail addresses on the associated talk page. If you can fix the font sizes and the column widths when you have the time it would be appreciated but there's no hurry. Also, is there some way that the header columns on these Wiki charts can be frozen as you can in Excel? DebbieKennett (talk) 14:32, 9 November 2013 (MST)