From ISOGG Wiki
DNA Painter is a chromosome mapping tool created by Jonny Perl. The utility provides tracking matching DNA segments across the different companies and having a permanent place to store them. DNA Painter initially launched as free in 2018 but switched to a subscription platform by year's end. The system now includes the first profile for free but after that, subscription for up to fifty profiles. The subscription also includes access to the "Shared cM Tool" and the 'What are the Odds (WATO)" utility. The new Trees feature debuted in August 2019.
The utility won the DNA Innovation Prize at the 2018 RootsTech Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- DNA Painter Help page
- Painting your DNA with inferred matches by Jonny Perl
- DNA Painter - Touring the Chromosome Garden by Roberta Estes
- DNA Painter – Chromosome Sudoku for genetic genealogy addicts by Roberta Estes
- DNAPainter – Mining Vendor Matches to Paint Your Chromosomes by Roberta Estes
- Proving or Disproving a Half Sibling Relationship Using DNAPainter by Roberta Estes
- DNAPainter: Painting Leeds Method Matches by Roberta Estes
- DNA Painter: The tool that helps you find links between your DNA matches by Melody Lassalle
- I’m hooked on DNA Painter you should be, too by Elizabeth Swanay-O'Neal
- Lydia Brown’s 3 Daughters: Or Were They? Mitochondrial and Autosomal DNA to the Rescue – 52 Ancestors #218 by Roberta Estes
- Using DNA Painter to Verify Igbo Origins by Melvin Collier
- Distracted by DNA Painter by Mags Gaulden
- Native American & Minority Ancestors Identified Using DNAPainter Plus Ethnicity Segments by Roberta Estes
Further reading on the What Are the Odds? tool
- Better living through statistics: what are the odds? by Legacy Tree Genealogists, 16 February 2021.
- Use WATO to explore DNA match relationships by Diahan Southard, Your DNA Guide, 26 March 2020.
- A major update to "What Are The Odds?" by Leah Larkin, The DNA Geek, 3 June 2020.
- DNA Painter video tutorial from Blaine Bettinger
- Introducing DNA Painter from Katherine Borges
- WATO - the latest tool for your atDNA by Andrew Millard
- DNA Painter
- DNA Painter User Group on Facebook
- DNA Painter What Are the Odds? Facebook group
- DNA Painter on Twitter