FTDNA kit prefixes
From ISOGG Wiki
There are a number of prefixes used by Family Tree DNA to identify kits ordered through partner companies or kits which have been transferred from another company. The following is a list of the current prefixes.
- MK – Multi Kit – a test ordered through the FTDNA website at the same time as several other kits, all of which are being shipped domestically
- IN – International – a test kit that was ordered through the FTDNA website alone (not with other kits) that is being shipped internationally
- MI – Multi Kit International – a test ordered through the FTDNA website at the same time as several other kits, all of which are being shipped internationally
- A – Those who test with African DNA
- AM – Test was ordered through Amazon.com
- B – Those who transfer Y-DNA or autosomal results through a lab transfer program (eg AncestryDNA, 23andMe)
- BP - Basic packaging. Kits sent out in the basic plastic packaging rather than the new cardboard box
- DC – Those who test with DNADTC
- E – Those who test with iGenea, FTDNA's European associate
- H – Those who tested with DNA Heritage and transferred their results
- I – Brazil (Origem Judaica) (Minha Origem)
- J – Those who test with Japan (Rocus, inc.)
- JT – Jet
- K – Those who test with Shejire DNA (Kazakashtan)
- LN – Those who test with Lifenome
- M – Those who test with Eastern Biotech (DNA Ancestry & Family Origin) FTDNA's Middle Eastern associate
- MH – Those who tested with MyHeritage – this is different than ordering a test through My Heritage. My Heritage actually manages all of the test results for these kits. FTDNA cannot access the results or account details.
- N – Those who test with and transfer from the National Geographic Genographic Project
- P – Pakistan Kits
- SB – Those who test with Silverberry Genomix
- T – Those who test with Libya DNA Center
- U – Those who test at DNA World Wide, FTDNA's UK associate
- V – Those who test with Jewish Voice Ministries
- W – DNA Turkiye
- WL –Walmart.com
- Y – Those who test with Akira Yamakazi (Japan) (DNA JAPAN))
- Z – Those who test with Genera, a DNA testing company in Brazil
Note that the MK, MI and I prefixes were only introduced in about November 2017. Prior to this date all multi-kit and international orders that were not processed through a partner company carried a standard kit number without a prefix.
Thank you to Family Tree DNA for providing the information for this article.