Genetic genealogy blogs
From ISOGG Wiki
Genetic genealogy blogs can be a useful way of keeping up with the latest developments in genetic genealogy, personal genomics and anthropology. The following list is provided for information purposes only. Inclusion on this list does not imply endorsement from ISOGG.
- 23andMe and You - do more with your data A blog by Erica B (not affiliated to 23andMe)
- The age of personalized medicine A collaborative blog from the Personalized Medicine Coalition
- Adoption and DNA A blog from CeCeMoore highlighting adoption DNA success stories
- Andrea's ancestors A blog by the 23andMe ambassador Andrea Badger
- All My Foreparents by Israel Pickholz
- Ancestor Central by Jennifer Zinck
- Annette Kapple's genealogy research blog
- Autosomal adventures by Barbara Bauer
- Barton Lewis's Genealogy Pages by Barton Lewis. Includes a section on DNA testing with some interesting autosomal DNA case studies
- Bernard Secher's blog (in French)
- Bohemian Genetic Genealogy, a blog by Kuba Krchak aimed at people with ancestry from the Czech Republic and Central Europe
- The Chromosome Chronicles A blog by Alex Bisignano, a recent Princeton graduate, which discusses personal genetics, science and politics.
- Cork Genealogist - Genetic Genealogy Interests An Irish blog from Margaret Jordan
- Cruwys News A blog by Debbie Kennett which has posts on both genealogy and genetic genealogy from a British perspective
- Diary of a product administrator The musings of the administrator of the Bolt DNA project.
- Dienekes’ Anthropology Blog
- DNA and Family Tree Research A blog by Maurice Gleeson
- DNA Explained, a blog by Roberta Estes
- DNA Footprints, a blog by Kasandra Rose
- The DNA Geek, a blog by Leah Larkin
- DNA Genealogy a blog by Jason Lee
- DNA Genealogical Experiences and Tutorials, a blog by Steve Handy
- DNA Sleuth, a blog by Ann Raymont
- DNA Testing Advisor A genetic genealogy blog with special focus on adoptees by ISOGG member Dick Hill
- Dr D Digs Up His Ancestors A genealogy and genetic genealogy blog from ISOGG member Dave Dowell
- Evo and Proud Peter Frost's anthropology blog, with special reference to sexual selection and the evolution of skin, hair, and eye pigmentation
- Eye on DNA
- Felix's thought logs A genetic genealogy blog from Felix Immanuel
- Find lost Russian and Ukrainian Family A blog by Vera Miller which includes stories of adoptee searches and advice on DNA testing for people searching for family in Russia and the Ukraine.
- Genealem's Genetic Genealogy blog A blog from ISOGG member Emily Aulicino with lots of practical advice on the subject of DNA testing.
- Genealogia genetyczna The first genetic genealogy blog in Polish
- Genealogy Junkie Sue Griffiths' genealogy blog. Sue was brought up in the UK but now lives in the US. Her blog focuses on both genealogy and genetic genealogy.
- Genetic Future Genetic Future is written by Daniel MacArthur, a geneticist at the Sanger Institute in Cambridge, England. His blog focuses mainly on human genetics and personal genomics.
- The Genetic Genealogist ISOGG member Blaine Bettinger examines the intersection of traditional genealogical techniques and modern genetic research. The blog also explores the latest news and developments in the related field of personal genomics
- GenGenAus A blog from Cate Pearce focusing on genetic genealogy in Australia
- Genomes Unzipped A group blog providing expert, independent commentary on the personal genomics industry
- Genomics Law Report News and analysis from the intersection of genomics, personalized medicine and the law
- Genie1 A blog from Louise Coakley, an Australian genetic genealogist, with lots of good material for beginners
- Haldane's Sieve Discussing preprints in population and evolutionary genetics
- Haplogroup Rebekah Canada's genetic genealogy blog
- Hartley DNA and Genealogy blog A blog from Joel Hartley
- Hawaiian DNA A blog from Kalani Mondoy.
- HUGO Matters The official blog of the Human Genome Organisation
- Kitty Cooper's blog Musings on genealogy, genetics and gardening
- The Legal Genealogist A blog by Judy Russell which often includes posts on the subject of DNA testing
- Le Gall of Lower Britanny (in French) Joss Ar Gall's blog which often includes posts on the subject of DNA testing
- The life and times of Lilly Mendel A blog by Linda Avey, co-founder of 23andMe
- Michael Cooley's Genetic Genealogy blog
- My Genes and Me A blog by Ana Gerschenfeld
- On Genetics blog A blog from Steve Mount, a geneticist at the University of Maryland
- On-line Journal of Genetics and Genealogy, a blog by Steven Perkins
- Our Genes blog The official blog from the Africa Genome Education Institute
- Radiant Roots, Boricua Branches: Musings on my tri-racial black and Puerto Rican ancestry a blog by Teresa Vega
- Razib Khan's blog on The Unz Review
- Roots and Recombinant DNA by T L Dixon
- Segmentology blog A blog by Jim Barrett focusing on autosomal DNA testing
- Through the Trees a blog by Shannon Christmas
- World Families blog by Terry Barton
- Your Genetic Genealogist A genetic genealogy blog by ISOGG member CeCe Moore "helping you to discover and understand the fascinating world of genetic genealogy".
The University of Phoenix's list of top 50 genetic blogs might also be of interest.
DNA project blogs
- The British Isles DNA Project blog
- The Y-DNA haplogroup J2 blog
- The mtDNA haplogroup U4 blog
- Scottish DNA Project