From ISOGG Wiki
Note that this list is provided for information only. Inclusion on this list does not imply recommendation or endorsement by ISOGG.
List of mtDNA tools
- James Lick's mtHap utility A tool for checking and assigning mtDNA haplogroups on an individual basis. It provides a detailed assignment showing the SNP path and also gives a list of alternatives. The tool is usually updated within 24 hours of the release of each new Phylotree build. This is the most useful mtDNA tool for genetic genealogists.
- Doug McDonald's TMRCA calculator For instructions on using the calculator for mtDNA results see the article by Charles Kerchner An example of how to use TMRCA calculators for mtDNA test results
- Martin Richards' mtDNA mutation rate calculator
- MitoYDNA A crowdsourced Y-DNA and mtDNA database
- Haplofind The tool is described in: Vianello D, Sevini F, Castellani G, Laura L, Capri M, Franceschi C. Haplofind: A new method for high-throughput mtDNA haplogroup assignment. Human Mutations 2013 May 20. [Epub ahead of print]. This tool can be used for batch-processing mtDNA haplogroup assignments and will also analyse sequences for medically informative associations. It only accepts FASTA files.
- HaploGrep 2 An automated tool for determining haplogroups. The tool will accept VCF files from whole genome sequencing data. For details see the article by Weissensteiner et al (2016) on HaploGrep 2: mitochondrial haplogroup classification in the era of high-throughput sequencing
- Ian Logan's Haplogroup Finder
- Ian Logan's GENbank mtDNA sequence checker
- Ian Logan's mtDNA mutation computer model
- mtDNA Profiler The tool is described in: Yang IS, Lee HY, Yang WI, Shin KJ. mtDNAprofiler: A Web Application for the Nomenclature and Comparison of Human Mitochondrial DNA Sequences. Journal of Forensic Science. 2013 May 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- mtPhyl, a free software tool for human mitochondrial DNA analysis and phylogeny reconstruction
- Tom Glad's mtDNA analysis utility
- YFull The company maintains an independent mtDNA tree and offers an mtDNA analysis for a fee
- Felix Immanuel's Genetic Genealogy Tools