MyHeritage wish list
From ISOGG Wiki
The following is a list of suggestions compiled by the genetic genealogy community of features that we would like MyHeritage to develop in the short and the long term.
- FAQs. Provide FAQs explaining the technical details of the MyHeritage test, eg, minimum threshold for a match, etc.
- Notes. Provide a facility to add notes about our matches along the lines of the feature provided by AncestryDNA and Family Tree DNA.
- Full matching segment data. Provide information on the size and the location of the matching segments. This data is essential to verify the relationship predictions. This information is also required by advanced genealogists who are interested in mapping their chromosomes.
- Chromosome browser. Provide a chromosome browser where you could compare yourself to your matches or compare your matches to each other.
- Ability to download matches. Allow customers to download a full list of their matches into a spreadsheet.
- Limit the number of matches per page views to 50 or 100.
- Reduce the size of the match tiles. There is a lot of wasted space on the tiles, particularly in the “Family tree details” section. Make the match tiles narrower and move the shared DNA portion of the tile into the right side portion of the tile where there is currently nothing but wasted space.
- Pedigree view. Add a pedigree view to the family tree display along the lines of the pedigree view provided by Ancestry.com.
- Triangulation tool. Provide a feature that allows users to see triangulated groups.
- Shared ancestors. Identify shared ancestors in the family trees of matches.
- Smart matching. Implement smart matching to identify matches who share not just surnames but locations in common.