We hope you will be bold and contribute to the ISOGG Wiki.
As a new user the first you might want to do is set your user preferences. This will help personalize your experience on the ISOGG Wiki.
You will probably will also want to read the help pages or the editing cheatsheet if you have never contributed to a wiki before.
- This wiki provides a "rich text editor" sometimes called a WYSIWYG editor to help new users who may not know the wiki markup language.
- Don't be afraid to edit – anyone can edit almost any page, and we encourage you to be bold!
- Find a page marked: needs content and add to it.
- Find a page that can be improved and make it better. For example: Add more links, check spelling, improve grammar, rewriting for readability or removing unconstructive edits.
- Find a category in need of more pages and create one!
- Changes to controversial topics and ISOGG Wiki's main pages should usually be discussed first. You can use the talk page to post questions and ideas pertaining to a specific page.
- You can sign your name on talk pages by typing ~~~~; our software automatically converts it to your username and the date.
- You can't break a wiki; all edits can be reversed, fixed or improved later. The ISOGG Wiki is allowed to be imperfect.
- You can also preview your edit with the "preview" button below the editor's window.
So go ahead, edit an article and help make the ISOGG Wiki the best information source on the Internet for genetic genealogy!
Again, welcome and have fun!
"The ISOGG Wiki Administrators"