From ISOGG Wiki
(Redirected from X chromosome testing)
X-chromosome testing is included in 23andMe's personal genomic service and deCODE genetics' offerings. Family Tree DNA launched an X-chromosome matching service for their Family Finder test in January 2013. FTDNA also offer two panels of X STR testing.
Gedmatch provides a free tool for the comparison of X-chromosome data which can be used to compare results from all the different companies.
- Ann Turner's text file of Ahnentafel numbers of ancestors who could contribute a segment on the X chromosome
- Jim Turner's X-inheritance charts
- More X chromosome charts by Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist', 12 January 2009.
- X-DNA charts from Debbie Parker Wayne - adapted from Blaine Bettinger's charts and made available with a Creative Commons Licence
- X-DNA charts from Sue Griffiths - adapted from Debbie Parker Wayne's charts with the addition of Ahnentafel numbers
- X-chromosome inheritance charts and a spreadsheet from Louise Coakley
- What is X-chromosome (X-DNA) STR testing? What will I learn? Family Tree DNA Learning Center
- X-chromosome DNA, a video from the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation now hosted on the Learn Genetics website showing the inheritance of the X-chromosome.
- Utilising the X chromosome for deep ancestry by Kathy Johnston, ISOGG website, 1 July 2009.
- Katie and Julie's journey thru the X International Society of Genetic Genealogy, December 2009.
- X-chromosome recombination by Jared Smith [undated article accessed 13 July 2016]
- Seeing the X-chromosome in a new light by Carl Zimmer, New York Times, 20 January 2014.
- X marks the spot for sperm production by Chris Palmer, The Scientist, 21 July 2013.
- The incredible expanding adventures of the X-chromosome by Christopher Badcock, Psychology Today, 6 September 2011.
- Facts and observations in relation to the X chromosome by David Faux, February 2009.
- Going Through a Phase: Haplotyping the Female X Chromosomes by Ann Turner, Satiable Curiosity, Journal of Genetic Genealogy 2008, Volume 4, Number 2.
- X chromosome: X inactivation by Janice Y Ahn and J T Lee. Nature Education 2008 1(1):24.
- Garrigan D, Mobasher Z, Severson T, Wilder JA, Hammer MF. Evidence for archaic Asian ancestry on the human X chromosome. Molecular Biology and Evolution 2005 Feb;22(2):189-92.
- Schaffner SF. The X chromosome in population genetics. Nature Reviews Genetics 5, 43-51 (January 2004).
- Mahtani MM, Willard HF. Physical and Genetic Mapping of the Human X Chromosome Centromere: Repression of Recombination Genome Research 1998. 8: 100-110.
- Woodbury P. How the X-chromosome solved a 100-year-old adoption mystery. Legacy Tree Genealogists, 10 August 2016.
- Buffalo V. A genealogical look at shared ancestry on the X-chromosome. The Blind Play of Genes, 30 June 2016.
- Coakley L. X-DNA's helpful inheritance pattern. Genie1 blog, 12 June 2015.
- Johnson K. What can the X chromosome tell us about the importance of small segments? Guest post on Kitty Cooper's blog, 19 December 2014.
- What does shared X DNA really mean? by Kitty Cooper, Kitty Cooper's blog, 6 January 2013.
- X marks the spot by Judy G Russell, The Legal Genealogist, 5 January 2013.
- Family Finder X-chromosome matching by Debbie Kennett, Cruwys News, 2 January 2014.
- X-chromosome matching at Family Tree DNA by Emily Aulicino, Genealem, 2 January 2014.
- Phasing the X-chromosome by Jim Owston, The Lineal Arboretum, 21 November 2012.
- X marks the spot by Roberta Estes, DNAeXplained, 27 September 2012.
- Understanding X-chromosome inheritance by Steve Handy. DNA Genealogical Experiences and Tutorials blog, 2 July 2012.
- X-Chromosome Testing vs mtDNA Testing by Ce Ce Moore, Your Genetic Genealogist, 4 July 2010.
- Unlocking the Secrets of the X by Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist, 21 December 2008.