Wiki Welcome Page
From ISOGG Wiki
The International Society of Genetic Genealogy (ISOGG) was founded in 2005 by DNA project administrators who shared a common vision: the promotion and education of genetic genealogy. Our mission is to advocate for and educate about the use of genetics as a tool for genealogical research, and to promote a supportive network for genetic genealogists.
This Wiki was established for the benefit and education of the genetic genealogy community. To contribute to this Wiki please join ISOGG (it's free!) and then register for a Wiki account. If you don't have information to contribute enjoy reading the articles on this website.
Genetic Genealogy Resources
- Ancient DNA
- Beginners' guides to genetic genealogy
- DNA databases
- DNA interest groups
- DNA testing for adoptees
- Ethics, guidelines and standards
- Genetic genealogy blogs
- Genetic genealogy books
- Genetic genealogy journals
- Genetic genealogy mailing lists
- Genetic genealogy videos
- Genetics courses
- Regulation of genetic tests
Historical Timeline of Genetic Genealogy
You can find out more about this term...
RecLOH is a term in genetics that is an abbreviation for "Genetic Recombinational Loss of Heterozygosity".
This is a type of mutation which occurs with DNA by genetic recombination. From a pair of equivalent (homologous), but slightly different (heterozygous) genes, a pair of identical genes results. In this case there is an unreciprocal exchange of genetic code between the chromosomes, in contrast to chromosomal crossover, because genetic information is lost.
...in the Genetics Glossary.
How To Search
The easiest way to find pages is to type the subject of interest into the Search Box on the top left of your screen. As you type, a drop-down list of pages will appear. Click on a suggested page to view it or click the very bottom of the list where it says "containing" to view every mention of the search term in the ISOGG Wiki. Many pages have shortcuts so that, for example, if you type in SNP you will automatically be taken to the page for single-nucleotide polymorphism and NPE will take you to the page for non-paternity event.
Contents Page and Alphabetical List
The Contents Page provides a thematic list of all the pages in the ISOGG Wiki. Additionally the Wiki can be searched from the Alphabetical List of Articles. Alternatively you can browse the pages by searching the Category Tree.
- Join ISOGG - You need to be a member of ISOGG and have a registered Wiki account before you can edit this Wiki.
- Register and login - Once you have joined ISOGG you will need to apply for an ISOGG Wiki account. Your name and email are checked against the member database, and you will then be granted an account.
- Learn how to edit
- Suggest ideas or work on one of the pages in our roadmap
- Work on one of the Wiki pages that are are in need of additional content.
- Add or edit pages in the Portals Project.
- Upload copyright-free images to the Wiki
- Join an ISOGG Wiki project
- Ask an editor or admin for help
If you would like to add data of value to the Wiki and feel that you are not able to do this, but would like us to do it for you, please contact the Wiki Admins.