List of forensic and ancient DNA laboratories
From ISOGG Wiki
This is a list of forensic and ancient DNA laboratories. These laboratories are known to have specialist facilities for testing human forensic and/or ancient DNA samples. This list is provided for information only. Inclusion on this list does not imply recommendation or endorsement by ISOGG. ISOGG welcomes additions and corrections to this list. Please contact us to send the appropriate details.
- McMaster Ancient DNA Centre, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
- Paleo-DNA Laboratory, Lakehead University
- Institute Jacques Monod, Paris
- Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
- Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, Jena, Germany
- Professor Michael Hofreiter, Evolutionary Adaptive Genomics, University of Potsdam
- Palaeogenetics Group, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen, Tübingen
- Palaeogenetics Group, Institute of Anthropology, Johannes Gutenberg Universität, Mainz
- LGC Forensics
- DNA Analysis at King's. King's College London provides a non-profit-making forensic DNA analysis service. The tests comply with legal standards and are accredited by the Ministry of Justice.
- DNA Worldwide - forensic DNA testing
- Cellmark Forensic Services
- Orchid Cellmark - forensic and relationship testing
- Dr Robin Allaby, Warwick University - plant aDNA
- Professor Terry Brown, University of Manchester
- Professor Ian Barnes, Natural History Museum, London See the NHM's website for more details on their ancient DNA laboratory
- Glyn Daniel Laboratory For Archaeogenetics, University of Cambridge
- Greger Larson, Director Palaeogenomics and Bio-Archaeology Research Network, University of Oxford. See also the Paleobarn website
- Maria Pala, Archaeogenetics Research Group, University of Huddersfield
- Professor Mark Thomas, University College London. The UCL ancient DNA lab was opened in 2012.
- Anna Linderholm, Department of Anthropology, Texas A&M University A new ancient DNA lab which opened in 2017.
- Malhi Molecular Anthropology Lab at the University of Illinois. See also the blog post by Roberta Estes on The Malhi Molecular Anthropology and Ancient DNA Labs
- Mitotyping Technologies
- Beth Shapiro's lab: molecular evolution, ancient DNA, viruses, and phylogenetics
- Professor Noreen Tuross, Department of Human Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University
- University of Oklahoma’s Laboratories of Molecular Anthropology and Microbiome Research (LMAMR) The new state of the art ancient DNA lab opened at the beginning of 2015.
- Reich Laboratory, Department of Genetics, Harvard University
- Austin Reynolds' map of all known ancient DNA labs
- Academic and Laboratory Links a list provided by Lakehead University, Ontario, Canada
- Ancient DNA
- DNA testing of the remains in the Barry mausoleum in County Cork: UC Dublin, HRS Ireland, GbG/FTDNA Texas, Barry YDNA Project