Britain, United Kingdom and Commonwealth resources
From ISOGG Wiki
This page is designed as a resource to assist in establishing contacts and promoting your DNA project in Britain, the United Kingdom and Commonwealth nations.
- David Pike, Administrator of the Pike DNA Project has written an excellent article tailored to UK audiences, and available for publication. Send an email to request a copy.
- Debbie Kennett's "Is the Answer in your Genes?" first appeared in the Berkshire Family Historian and is another easy-to-understand genetic genealogy article.
- 192.com - The largest UK Directory Service
- BT Phonene - Free Online Directory
- Eircom - Ireland's Online Directory
Australia & New Zealand
- Australian Family History & Genealogy on the Internet - National Library of Australia site
- Australian Government - A-Z List - Comprehensive site that includes family history links.
- Geoscience Australia - Australian place name search
Great Britain/United Kingdom
- Familia text index
- Genes Reunited - UK's largest family tree and ancestry site
- GENUKI UK & Ireland Genealogy
- The Guild of One-Name Studies - Search their database to see if the surname is listed and contact the person who registered the surname
- Jewish Communities & Records - United Kingdom
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain
- Lost Cousins - A site to connect with UK cousins using the census
- UK National Archives - Main page
- "How to research your family history" at the UK National Archives
- Rootsweb United Kingdom Message Boards & Mailing Lists
- Society of Genealogists Homepage
- UK A2A - Access to Archives
- UK Genealogy .co.uk - The Portal for UK Family Research