From ISOGG Wiki
GEDmatch is a free utility to compare autosomal DNA data files from different testing companies and to compare Gedcom files. A number of other very useful tools are also provided.
As of January 2019 GEDmatch is in the process of migrating to the new GEDmatch Genesis database. As of 28th December 2018 "all new raw DNA kit uploads are only accepted by Genesis. The legacy GEDmatch site will continue to be available for some time, but results are "frozen" with all new kits being accepted, processed and results available only on Genesis."
- GEDmatch Genesis and GEDmatch Legacy Site
- GedMatch Utilities Manual by Kitty Cooper and Barton Lewis. Kitty Cooper's blog.
- GEDMatch Genealogy & Ancestry Group on Facebook
- GEDMatch.com User Group on Facebook
Blog posts and articles
- Genetic Genealogy using GEDmatch: an absolute beginners guide by Jared Smith.
- Cold-case murders, rapes cracked by Lake Worth genealogy website by Jorge Milian, The Palm Beach Post, 29 November 2018
- How an unlikely family history website transformed cold case investigations by Heather Murphy, The New York Times, 15 October 2018.
- An interview with Curtis Rogers; the man with the idea that sparked GEDmatch by Barbara Shoff, The Blundering DNA Genealogist, 5 July 2018.
- How a tiny website became the police's go-to genealogy database by Sarah Zhang, The Atlantic, 1 June 2018.
- DNA website had unwitting role in Golden State manhunt by Kirsten Brown, Bloomberg News, 29 May 2018.
- Protecting your privacy on GEDmatch by David Moberly. The Handwritten Past, 5 May 2018.
- Genesis from GEDmatch: the new chip by Kitty cooper, Kitty Cooper's Blog, 15 December 2017.
- DNA leap forward - GEDmatch leads the way Family Tree Magazine (UK) blog, 22 September 2017.
- Getting started with GEDmatch by Jim Bartlett, ' Segmentology, 19 September 2017.
- Finally! A GEDmatch admixture guide. Genealogical Musings, 6 April 2017.
- Uploading to GEDmatch by Jim Bartlett, Segmentology, 19 January 2017.
- Getting started with GEDmatch by Donna Rutherford, 26 December 2016.
- Tips for using GEDmatch by Louise Coakley, Genealogical Research and Coaching blog, 29 January 2016.
- DNA begging letter. Roots Revealed, 26 May 2015. Explains reasons for uploading your results to GedMatch and how to do so.
- Finally GedMatch announces a monetization strategy (and a way to raise the dead) by Blaine Bettinger. The Genetic Genealogist blog, 20 October 2014.
- New utilities at GedMatch: Tier 1 for paid members by Kitty Cooper, Kitty Cooper's blog, 20 October 2014.
- My first look at GedMatch autosomal DNA analysis by Randy Seaver. Genea-Musings blog, 4 August 2014.
- Introduction to using GedMatch by Dan Stone, Adventures in Genealogy Research: No Stone Unturned, article last updated 18 October 2014
- Gedmatch: a DNA geek's dream website by Judy Russell, The Legal Genealogist blog, 12 August 2012.
- A video on GedMatch basics from Angie Bush Kitty Cooper's blog, 15 April 2015.