From ISOGG Wiki
Creating this here to look it over before committing to the page.
YBrowse - The ISOGG human Y-chromosome browser
ybrowse.org maintained by Thomas Krahn.
- Call named SNP: ybrowse.org/gb2/gbrowse/chrY/?name=L21
- YBrowse files: Download SNP data (snps_hg19.gff3). Can be imported into XLSX/ODS or database formats by selecting "Tab" and semi-colon as separating values.
How to match rs# to a SNP
- Open Family Tree DNA's Y-Chromosome Browser: http://ymap.ftdna.com/cgi-bin/gbrowse/hs_chrY/
- Example: Enter M253 as the landmark and Click search → In the "Details" section the rs9341296 appears directly over M253 → Click on rs9341296
Name: rs9341296 Type: snp Source: dbsnp Position: ChrY:13532101..13532101 (+ strand) Length: 1 FxnClass: intron alleles: C/T
- Click on rs9341296 → it will take you to the dbSNP database at GenBank